Terms & Conditions
This online payment system is provided by The Skills Enhancement Academy UK Ltd (the SEA) and its third-party suppliers (each a Service Provider). The SEA may update these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. The country of domicile for the SEA is the United Kingdom.
Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
- The description of goods or services are specific to you (i.e. Programme Name, start and end date etc.) when you log in with your unique password. Normally payment is required in advance (i.e. before you commence your programme). Payments are exempt from value added tax (VAT).
- Course/training fees may be quoted in in different currencies. Any currency conversion costs, or other charges or costs incurred by you when making a payment or in processing a refund, shall be borne by you and shall not be deducted from any fees payable to the SEA.
- While the SEA tries to ensure the information contained within the online payment facility in respect of any Fees due is accurate at the time it was published, we cannot always guarantee this to be the case. If there is an error in such information, the SEA’s will notify the Student promptly upon becoming aware of the error. The correct Fee will be payable by the Student where any such error is obvious or unmistakeable.
- Alternatively, the Student may cancel the contract with the SEA or withdraw from their course, as appropriate, and receive a refund in accordance with the Refund Policy set out below.
- Your payment will normally reach the SEA account to which you are making a payment within prescribed number of days set out by the concerned banking institute.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct SEA account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details. Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment the SEA is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- Every effort is made to keep the online payment facility up and running smoothly. However, the SEA takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the online payment facility being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- This website may include links to other websites which are not under the control of the SEA. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The SEA takes no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered because of using the linked websites or because of using information published on any of the pages of the linked website.
- In no event will the SEA be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from your use of the online payment facility.
- Nothing in these terms will limit the SEA’s liability set out by the Statute Law including any Statutory Instrument.
- Due to the mode of delivery (online), the SEA will not provide any refund for any purchased courses.
- A partial refund is possible where all the below applies:
- The course is an ‘additional’ course.
- The base course is already purchased.
- Full fee for the additional course is paid.
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card or the bank account used for the original transaction.
All payment details which are entered through the online payment facility are encrypted when the Student, or third-party making payment, enters them. Communications to and from the Service Provider’s site are encrypted.
The SEA shall not be liable for any failure by the Student or third party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
Online payments of Fees can be made by credit or debit card. These payments are not collected by the SEA directly but by a Service Provider.
Once payment is received by the Service Provider in cleared funds, the Service Provider will contact the SEA to confirm the details of the successful payment made by the Student, or third-party making payment. On receipt of this confirmation the SEA will confirm to the Student that the payment has been received and accepted by the SEA. If the Student does not receive confirmation within 14 days of making the payment, it is the responsibility of the Student to check with the SEA that the payment has been accepted.
The Student shall remain responsible for the Fees until such time as the confirmation as referred to above is received from the SEA in relation to each Fee paid using the online payment facility.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.